Streaming my favorite songs when I’m not online is…
One of the things I like best about Youtube Music.
And if you haven’t joined the offline streaming team yet…
You’re missing out on a lot of good things, which is a shame.
But don’t be afraid. Let me show you how to get in on the trend.
Keep reading to find out:
- 5 easy steps to listen to YouTube Music when you’re not online.
- How to turn on Smart Downloads for YouTube Music.
- There are three easy things you can try if offline streaming isn’t working.
- This is just the start…
Can YouTube Music be played when you’re not online?
You can listen to YouTube Music when you’re not online. Just click the playlists or songs you want to listen to without being connected to the Internet. Tap the “Download” button for the song or album you want to save. Or, you can ask Youtube to automatically download the songs you’ve been listening to lately.
How do I listen to YouTube Music when I’m not online? 5 steps
1: Open the app for YouTube Music
Still not on your phone or tablet? Don’t be afraid.
Here’s an easy way to…
Get the app for YouTube Music on your device.
Users of Apple:
- Turn on your device and go to the App Store.
- Tap the Search icon in the bottom right corner.
- Type “YouTube Music” in the box.
- Click on the official app.
- Click on the blue “GET” button.
- If asked, enter your credentials.
- Wait for the download of YouTube Music to finish.
If you have an Android:
- Turn on your Android phone or tablet.
- Open the app for the Google Play Store.
- Type “YouTube Music” into the search bar.
- Tap the button next to the app that says “Install.”
- Do what it says on the screen.
- Wait until the job is done.
Android is an operating system (OS) that is used by many companies. So, the steps may be a little different depending on the model of your device.
Now that Youtube Music is on the home screen of your device, open it up and…
2: Log in to your YouTube account
If you’re already signed in to the regular YouTube app on the same device…
You will be able to keep using the same account for Youtube Music.
When you open the app, all you have to do is tap the “CONTINUE AS (YOUR NAME)” option that appears.
But if you want to switch to another account…
Just tap the bottom of the screen where it says “Select another account.”
Then, put in the information you need to sign in to the app.
Before you move on to the next step, though…
To stream offline with the app, you need to be a member of YouTube Music Premium.
So, if you haven’t yet signed up for Youtube Music…
This chart can help you figure out how much Youtube Premium costs:
|Family use (5 members)||$14.99|
So choose the plan that best fits your needs. And after you sign in with YouTube Premium…
3:Make the most of your YouTube account
Your Home page is the first page you’ll see when you open the app.
Here, you can find the most popular songs based on: where you live, the genres you like, and the artists you like.
Now, if you’ve never used the YouTube Music app before…
I think you should tell YouTube which artists you now like. In other words, you need to make your account work the best it can.
Because this makes it easier to find the songs you want to download later and choose them.
Here are some ways to get the most out of your YouTube music:
- Move your mouse down the screen.
- Click the blue button that says “LET’S GO.”
- Tap the names of any artists you like.
- Tap Done.
Interesting fact: You can choose as many musicians as you like.
Now, once you’ve made your account work best…
YouTube will put your favorite artists’ suggestions at the top of your home page.
And it will be a lot easier…
4: Choose the songs you want to save.
Now, you are the only one who can choose which songs, playlists, or albums to download.
But if you haven’t thought of anything yet…
I think you should check out the playlists that YouTube put together for you.
“YouTube made me a playlist?”
So, yes. In the last step, you chose your favorite artists…
You told YouTube Music how it could make the app more useful to you.
Now, here’s what to do…
Download the playlists that Youtube suggests:
- Go to the bottom of the page until you see “Mixed for you.”
- Swipe left and right in this area to move through the playlists.
- Tap the list you want to save.
- When it’s open, tap the down arrow next to the name of the playlist.
Note: This is how you will download any album or playlist through the app.
But you won’t always like every song on a playlist or album.
So, if you only want to keep a few songs from 1, you can…
Select songs from a playlist to download:
- Tap the song’s name.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Download from the menu.
“Is there another way to get songs to listen to when I’m not online?”
If you want YouTube to download songs for you based on what you’ve listened to in the past…
Here’s how to turn on Smart Downloads on Youtube Music:
- Start the app for YouTube Music.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- In the section for YouTube Premium, click the Downloads link.
- Click the gear icon at the top (Settings).
- Scroll down until you see the option for “Smart downloads.”
- Toggle it ON.
5: Listen to YouTube music when you’re not online.
Now, you can listen to songs you’ve downloaded even when you’re not online.
There’s just one small problem.
You can’t just click on a song from the Home screen or Library of your app. And expect it to work without internet.
Because you have to follow a certain set of steps to…
You can listen to songs offline with your YouTube Music app:
- Open your app.
- Tap the icon for your profile at the top right.
- Click Downloads under the section called “YouTube Premium.”
- You’ll see the albums, playlists, and songs you’ve downloaded.
- Choose the one you want to play.
Remember that you have to go to the Downloads section to play songs that you have downloaded. As this is the only way they can play offline.
Why can’t I play YouTube Music when I’m not online? 3 causes & fixes
1: You aren’t playing your music correctly.
You won’t believe it, but the main cause of this problem isn’t a problem with the software or the hardware.
Instead, it’s because YouTube Music users always make the same simple mistake…
When they try to stream offline for the first time in the app.
Don’t be afraid. I’ll tell you more about this.
You already know that the easiest way to listen to music in the YouTube Music app is to…
Is to tap a song or playlist on your Home or Library page.
Now, if you’re connected to the Internet, this method will work just fine.
But unfortunately, this method won’t work if you want to stream offline.
Because you must…
Use the Download section to get to the songs you’ve already downloaded:
- Tap your profile picture or icon on the app.
- Tap Downloads under the heading YouTube Premium.
- Choose a song from the list on your screen.
Play your songs this way and see if the problem goes away.
2: The app hasn’t connected to the Internet in a month.
Really, being able to stream songs when you’re not online…
Will make you forget that you ever had to connect your YouTube Music app to the Internet.
If you haven’t done this in a long time, then…
I can’t blame you. Because I can relate to that so much.
But if you look at what Youtube says…
At least once every 30 days, you have to connect the app to the Internet again. To keep the songs you’ve downloaded on your device.
So, if you can’t remember the last time your app was connected to the Internet…
It’s time to reconnect it to your WiFi or data.
Now, if you’re going to do this with your Wifi…
All you have to do is connect your device to the internet and open the YouTube music app.
But if you’re going to do this with your cell phone data…
You’ll have to do a little more work than usual.
But don’t worry. That doesn’t mean it will be more difficult.
There are only 2 easy steps to let the YouTube Music app use your data.
Step 1: In the app, turn off the “Stream via Wi-Fi Only” setting.
- Turn on your internet connection and open the YouTube Music app.
- Click the icon for your profile in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Look for the section called “Stream via Wi-Fi Only.”
- Make sure the switch is in the OFF position.
Step 2: In your device’s settings, give the app permission to access your information.
For Apple iOS:
- Open the app for Settings.
- Tap Cellular.
- Move down until you see the menu for CELLULAR DATA.
- You’ll be able to see which apps are using your data.
- Look for the YouTube Music app and make sure that it is turned on.
For Android devices:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Network and Internet and click on Data Usage.
- Find the app called “YouTube Music” on the list.
- Use the toggle button to turn it on.
When you’re done with these steps…
Open the YouTube Music app again and leave it connected to the Internet for a couple of hours.
3: You don’t have a paid account.
If none of the other ideas worked, this problem would still be there.
If that’s the case, the account you’re using might not be part of the premium plan.
Because, simply put, free accounts can’t be used to watch videos offline.
“But I already have a YouTube Music Premium account.”
So, if that’s true…
Check to see if your account is still linked to the plan.
Because your subscription may have just ended and you may not have noticed.
Here’s what to do…
Check to see if your account for Youtube Music is part of the premium plan:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your device.
- Tap your picture or icon in your profile.
- Choose Paid memberships from the list that comes up.
- You’ll find information about how to sign up.
Now, if this page is blank or if YouTube wants you to pay for a premium account…
Then that means that your account is not signed up for the plan right now.
If you want to use YouTube Music when you’re not online, you should do this.